How to surrender your American Savings Policy
Any policy may be surrendered at any time. If your policy has cash value, the Company will pay you the full amount of your policy's cash value (less any outstanding policy loan balance). To determine what your policy's cash value is, please call American Savings Life at 480-835-5000 or toll-free at 1-800-880-2112.
It is important to understand the results of surrendering your policy:
- the policy cannot be reinstated
- the policy's face value/death benefits are terminated
- the policy's value becomes limited to the payment of its full cash value
Understanding this, if you still desire to surrender your policy, follow the instructions below:
Instructions on Surrendering a Policy
To surrender your policy, you need to send the Company the following two items:
- The original policy. If you are unable to locate your original policy, you may download an and use it in lieu of the original policy.
- A completed "Life Insurance Policy Surrender Form"
- Download a Life Insurance Policy Surrender Form from below
- Complete the form
- Sign form and have another person witness your signature
Mail the form to the Company home office:
American Savings Life Insurance Company
935 East Main Street, Suite 100
Mesa, AZ 85203-8849
If you have any questions, you may call us at 480-835-5000 or toll-free at 1-800-880-2112.
For your protection, all policy surrender requests will be verified with the policy owner's signature we have on file. We will contact you if there are any problems in processing your request.
Download Policy Surrender Form
Return to the page