Stock Transfer for a Deceased Spouse

Stock Transfer Instructions for a Deceased Spouse

NOTICE: These instructions only apply to shares issued as "JOINT TENANTS WITH RIGHTS OF SURVIVORSHIP."

If you and your spouse owned shares in both names and the certificates read "as joint tenants with rights of survivorship", and your spouse has passed away, you may have your stock transferred into your name alone.

To transfer your shares of stock to your name only, you need to send the Company the following:

  1. An original death certificate of the deceased spouse
  2. Your original stock certificates - if you are unable to locate your original stock certificates, you may download an Affidavit of Lost Stock Certificate(s) to use in lieu of your original stock certificate(s).
  3. Form W-9 - click here to download a Form W-9
  4. A $6.00 transfer fee

Mail the above items to the Company home office (we recommend certified mail if you are sending stock certificates):

American Savings Life Insurance Company
935 East Main Street, Suite 100
Mesa, AZ 85203-8849

Upon receipt of the 4 items listed above, we will re-issue your stock certificates in your name alone, and all future dividend checks will be payable to you alone.

If you have any questions, or if your stock certificates are not "as joint tenants with rights of survivorship", then please contact us. We will be pleased to serve you.

Return to the Stockholder Services page